Regulation of Frequency and Standardization
REGULATION OF FREQUENCY
The spectrum Frequency of Radio was limited natural resources that had the strategic value in the implementation of the telecommunications and dikuasi by the country. The utilisation of the Spectrum of the Frequency of Radio as these nature resources must be carried out in an orderly manner, efficient and in accordance with his allocation so as to not cause the damaging disturbance.
The spectrum Frequency of Radio was the composition of the tape of the frequency of radio that had the frequency smaller from 3000 GHz as the electromagnetic unit of the wave vibration crept and was received in space (airspace and the space). The Indonesian allocation of the Spectrum of the Frequency of Radio was determined with referred to the International allocation of the Spectrum of the Frequency of Radio for the territory 3 (religion 3) in accordance with the Radio Regulation that was determined by the International Association of the Telecommunications (THAT). The national Indonesian table of the allocation of the frequency was compiled was based on results of the Final of Act World of Radio Communication Conference-1997 that took place in Geneva, in November 1997.
The Indonesian allocation of the Spectrum Frequency of Radio was taken from references below :
- Artikel S5, Frequency Allocation, Radio Regulation dan Final Act-World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC)-1997, International Telecommunication Union (ITU), The Allocation table was translated in Indonesian.
- The Indonesian table of the Allocation of the Spectrum Frequency of Radio, the first edition, 1996
- Determination of the Maritime, the Flight and the Broadcast of the Frequency in Indonesia
- The determining of the Frequency of the Service Continue To in Indonesia
- AFMS Database (Automated Frequency Management System)
As the note that to this table did not include the use of the spectrum of the frequency of radio for the interest of the military.
REGULATION OF STANDARDIZATION
The standardization as a support element for the development had the important role in an Optimization effort The efficient use of all resources and all development activity. Standardization equipment including management and supervision really had a role in increasing the domestic and international trade, the national industry development, as well as the protection against the user (the operator and the community)
the Goal of the standardization activity was the realisation of the quality guarantee. Therefore the standardization could be used as the implement of the government policy to organise the better economics structure and give the protection to the public.
The standardization also was used by the Government to support the achievement of the strategic aims including the increase in the export, the increase of the competitiveness of the domestic product against imports, and the increase of national efficiency.
The National Standardization System (SSN) was the foundation and the implementation guide of each standardization activity in Indonesia that must be pointed by all technical agencies in accordance with the Government Regulation No.15 in 1991 about the Indonesian National Standardization and the Decree of the President No.12 in 1991 about the Compilation, Implementation and Supervision of the Indonesian National Standardization. In the framework of realize the National Standardization System implementation, the development and implementation of the National Standardization System in the postal and telecommunications fields.
The standardization activity in the postal and telecommunications fields fully was handled by the technical agency, in this case was the DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS that in this case was carried out by the Directorate of the Standardization of Post and Telecommunications through the reconciliation of the Decree of the Minister of Communication No.KM.58 in 1998 about the Task Description of the Directorate General of Post and Telecommunications. And in the implementation, this standardization activity was carried out by the Directorate of Post and Telecommunications Standardization.
Sub-systems or the activities that each other was related one another in the National Standardization System consisted of the Standardization formulation, Standardization implementation, the management and the supervision of the standardization, the Standardization co-operation and information, metrology and accreditation.
The aim of the activity of the standardization of post and telecommunications was: :
- The Security towards Post and telecommunications network, that were national assets.
- Guaranteed the inter-operability and inter-connectivity of the various equipment in the Post and telecommunications network.
- Gave the opportunity for the emergence of the national manufacture industry.
- Gave the protection for the users of the service (the operator and the community) of post and telecommunications.
- Gave the national product opportunity to be competitive in the global market.
Formulation of the Standardization of Telecommunications Equipment covered:
- The Technical Condition.
- The National Indonesian Standardization plan (SNI).
- The Sectoral Sale Power.
- Technical Agency that Initiate RSNI helped BSN in the Formulation of the Plan was meant.
- The National Sale Power.
Technical Requirements :
. Was technical conditions for equipment that referred to the International standardization (MIS.ITU, IEC/ISO, ETSI, etc.)
The SNI plan:
Was the plan that was compiled with the interested related agency to the achievement of the Consensus.
List of Equipment Technical Requirements SNI/KEPDIR/Post and Telecommunication equipment
|NO.||THE TITLE OF TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS/STANDARDIZATION||CODE NUMBER|
|1||SLMT Fibre Optic Cable for Application in the Air||70/DIRJEN/99|
|2||Smart-Card Public Telephone||57/DIRJEN/99|
|3||Digital Loop Carrier||58/DIRJEN/99|
|4||Telephone Data Voice Recorder (PDPT)||59/DIRJEN/99|
|5||CDMA Jarlokar Equipment (1895)||60/DIRJEN/99|
|6||Key Telephone System Equipment (KTS)||61/DIRJEN/99|
|8||PABX/STLO System Equipment||004/DIRJEN/99|
|9||Multy Coin Public Telephone||005/DIRJEN/99|
|10||Analog Telephone Set||006/DIRJEN/99|
|12||NMT 450 Cellular Telephone Set Equipment||180/DIRJEN/98|
|13||GSM Cellular Telephone Set Equipment||181/DIRJEN/98|
|14||AMPS Cellular Telephone Set Equipment||182/DIRJEN/98|
|19||Technical Guidance for House Cable/Building Installation (IKR/G)||22/DIRJEN/96|
|20||Technical Guidance for House Cable Installation(IKR)||57/DIRJEN/96|
|21||Digital Telephone Central For 5000 Subsriber Capacity||258/DIRJEN/|
|23||TTKP (Cordless Telephone)||130/DIRJEN/95|
|25||Modem Stand Alone||SNI 04-3509-1994|
|26||Ground Cable T Cover, Issolated & Coated (PDPDLPE)||SNI 04-3633-1994|
|27||Ottomate Telephone||SNI 04-2021-1991|
|28||Copy Equipment for AM Channel||SNI 04-2380/1991|
|29||Copy Equipment for FM Channel||SNI-2381-1991|
|30||Digital Copy Equipment||SNI 04-2382-1991|
|32||Ground Telephone Cable without Cover Isolated with PBB & BPBK Jelly||SNI 04-2012-1990|
|33||Upper Ground Channel with the Steel Wire Hanger||SNI 04-2066-1990|
|34||Ground Cable without cover and isolated with& BPBP||SNI 04-2070-1990|
|35||Six Meters Iron Telephone Pole||SNI 04-2072-1990|
|36||Seven Meters Iron Telephone Pole||SNI 04-2073-1990|
|37||Nine Meters Iron Telephone Pole||SNI 04-2075-1990|
|38||House Cable Isolated and Caoted with PVC||SNI 04-2076-1990|
|39||House Telephone Cable covered with FB and Coated with PVC||SNI 04-2077-1990|
|40||Box cable of BL Timah Putih,||SNI 04-2081-1990|
|41||Three Cord Box Cable||SNI 04-2091-1990|
|42||Coin Public Telephone Set (PTUMC)||89/POSTEL/90|
|43||VHF/UHF Radio with FM for Land Mobile Services||57/POSTEL/90|
|44||Frequeney Divisiom Multiplex Telegrap||72/POSTEL/90|
|45||Electronics Teleprinter Set||65/POSTEL/90|
|46||Akomex Set (Adaptor Computer-Telex)||66/POSTEL/90|
|47||Alcali Nikel Kadmium Batery Stasioner U Power Supply CC-D||53/POSTEL/90|
|48||Grounding System for Telecommunication Equipment||51/POSTEL/90|
|49||Cut Pipe and its completeness||43/POSTEL/90|
|50||Divider Box (KPD)||33/POSTEL/90|
|51||Under Ground Cable with Petrojelly||25/POSTEL/90|
|52||BTLTP House Cable Isolated and B.PVC||20/POSTEL/90|
|53||Ground Cable and Coated PBP||7/POSTEL/90|
|54||The Guidance of the Equipment Test Item for Radio Communication||007/DIRJEN/1999|
|55||The Technical condition of the Amateur Radio Equipment||80/DIRJEN/1999|
|56||The Technical condition of the SSB/HF Communication Broadcast Radio Equipment||84/DIRJEN/1999|
|57||The Technical condition of the Broadcast Radio Equipment||85/DIRJEN/1999|
|58||The Technical condition of the Public Non-Cable Telephone Equipment||86/DIRJEN/1999|
|59||The determining of the Use of the Frequency of Radio to The organization of Telecom Services for MSS Satellite||013/DIRJEN/1998|
The implementation of the Standardization was the activity of certification of the telecommunications equipment that was carried out to know the compatibility of the telecommunications equipment with the current technical condition.
The stages of the certification activities:
- The condition inspection
- The Publication of the Certificate
The activity of the Control Sub-Directorate:
- Socialised the standardization of Post and telecommunications
- Carried out the evaluation of the implementation of the standardization of equipment and achievement of Post and telecommunications
- Monitored and controlled the implementation of the Post standardization and control of telecommunications
- The activity of the market inspection against postal and telecommunications equipment
The market inspection was carried out through the co-ordination of various related agencies like:
- The Regional Office of the Department of communications in the region
- The Directorate General of Bea and Cukai
- Republic of Indonesia police
- The Civil Servant"s investigation (PPNS)
Matters that was carried out in the Technical Co-operation of the Post and Telecommunications Standardization among other things are as follows:
- Studied and formulated the Co-operation material of Post and Telecommunications Standardization Technique with National and International Organisation.
- Evaluated the co-operation results in the field of Post and Telecommunications Standardization as well as proposed as the material to be studied to the National Standardization.
- Prepared the International decision results material to be maintained in accordance with the current regulation.
- Compiled session material and Indonesian Republic Delegation"s guide in the framework of participation in the International meeting in the field of post and telecommunications Standardization.
- Prepared the activity of the conference implementation, seminar or workshop in the field of post and telecommunications Standardization.
- Proposed the assignment of the officials who will attend the training, confirmation and meetings of the Technical Co-operation of the post and telecommunications Standardization in the National and International level.